8/13/2006

Ok Go - Here It Goes Again

This is my new favorite thing in the world. My new favorite band, of course my new favorite video. I found the link in an article in the Sydney Morning Herald and stayed up until 3am watching it over and over, and also everything else online I could find by Ok Go.

Four guys, eight treadmills. Single shot, single take. Genius!

This is so incredibly inspiring. It's a great human achievement - it is really really creative, shows an incredibly lateral mind by the choreographer, must have taken unfathomably long to rehearse. They are just ordinary guys, but they dance really well, as together as an Olympic synchronised swimming team, and everyone at exactly the same angles and timing. And the song is good too! And the fact that the whole thing is kind of frivolous and silly makes it even the more inspiring. The fact that people are out there who will put this kind of effort and quality into something silly and exhuberant, and the fact that 2 million other people watch it for free online and email the link to their friends, it makes me love living in the world right now.

Have a look for yourself!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hell, yeah, Sister!

This thing spread like wild fire all over my office. I can't believe how it gives purpose and meaning back . . . how it shows how we all must forge forward and be and create and dance and sign, in the face of all that will ever be wrong with the world. Loved it!

And the CD's should be to me by the end of the week.

Ok Go? Heck yeah!

Whooo hoooo.

Tue Aug 15, 01:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home