9/07/2006

Rainy Night

It's raining really hard. Lightning and everything. I guess it's been a few weeks since a big rain like this. It started on my way from work to Philorum, had been raining when we came out and went to dinner, was raining in on us at the pub through the leaky roof, and was pouring as I walked home and I got my nice new Dansko shoes all wet in the cascading ravines filling every indentention in the road or the footpaths.

I'm ripping the Ok Go CDs that my sister sent me. The obsession continues - I have stayed up too late many nights and maxed out my bandwidth watching every bit of miscellany I can find on YouTube or wherever. Full blown obsession, and they make it easy because there's so much stuff out there.

Rain is supposed to be very good luck at the start of a journey, and my friend L. is leaving tomorrow for 6 months in France, at two different art residencies, to work on her novel. She has been planning (and hoping and dreaming for) this for three years, so it's amazing and wonderful that she's really going now, the time has arrived. Bon voyage, friend L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home