11/07/2006

Home restored

Tonight I finally got all the books put back (see entry about fridge delivery, earlier). It took me five nights to move them from the hall to the lounge room, and I wanted to take five nights to move them back but skipped a few and it was actually 9. But I did the last two book shelves tonight, and it's amazing how much better it made me feel. I was able to put my pretty things back on the shelves where they go, I was able to move the table back to the centre of the room so I can eat and watch tv at the same time.

And speaking of the tv, I was able to get into the filing cabinet to get the instructions for the remote and put the code in the Magic key, so my tv remote works again (see entry about electrical mishaps). And I found I was up doing stuff at 12:05 when what should come on Channel 9 but the Sopranos! (don't get me started about how they had it on too late to start with and then it didn't rate well enough so they moved it to Monday after midnight - brand new Season 6 episodes!). Anyway, so now I'm up way too late but I really do feel a restored sense of belonging and well-being. Books back, table back, tv remote fixed, Sopranos on, and on top of all of that a new fridge! Home at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home