6/12/2007

Resolutions

In the approach up to my birthday, I've found myself making resolutions. It's not the New Year for everyone and not the season for it, but something about the birthday seems to have prompted me to make some fresh starts and be a better person.

So far I've resolved:

  • to whinge less at work and not be negative about clients when talking to our staff
  • to use an absolute maximum of one exclamation point per email (they are useful to indicate a rising intonation at the end of a sentence and a certain friendliness, but if I have any pride as a writer left I should be able to restrict myself to just one)
  • to drink the beers I have at home rather than the beers in the pubs on the way home from work
  • not to volunteer a story about myself when someone says something to me - to follow with a question instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home