7/29/2007

Spaciness

Is is still the cold? Is it the full moon in Aquarius, the spaciest of star signs? Is it old age? Have I got too much on my mind, or too little? Here are occasions of spaciness from the last four days:

1. Lost my keys. It was a day of unusual key portage, I took two bags to work and transferred between them at the end of the day, also did two taxi trips and some mega shopping, and they could have gone astray at any point during those activities. But when I got home they were gone and they haven't turned up. It's just lucky I had my spare keys with me, because I had a friend in town visting and thought he might need them. It makes you feel scattered and incomplete, not knowing where your keys are. I asked a Magic 8 Ball online if I would find them and it said, "Outlook not positive." So.

2. Went grocery shopping for my dinner party and left one whole bag of groceries at the store - I stopped while loading them into the basket to pay for everything and then never grabbed the last one before I left. I went back to get the stuff from the missing bag and forgot something even then, but I decided to make do without it.

3. Today I was at a Gloria Jean's coffee place. I ordered a blueberry muffin and a decaf long black (very American style coffee place, Gloria Jean's is, although it's Aus-owned). I was waiting at the counter while the young server guy served someone else. They called my coffee out at the coffee-giving place and I sauntered down and picked it up. Then I sauntered back and said to the young server guy, "I'm waiting for a muffin?" He pointed at my hand. I was holding the muffin in a brown paper bag. I had been holding it the whole time.

See? Spacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home