7/23/2007

clever concoction

I've had a bad cold for just about two weeks now - started getting a stuffy nose and sore throat on about the Wednesday before I went to Brisbane, then got fully, properly sick when I got back from Brisbane, had two days off work, started antibiotics on that Wednesday, looked dreadful when I went back to work the end of that week.

All I've been wanting to eat is soup, which is understandable - given the cold and also the icy weather.

Tonight I concocted a very lovey soup meal which I might have again even when I'm not sick - I cut up some broccoli, zucchini, carrot and mushrooms and steamed them, at the same time heating up a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. When the veggies were done and soup nearly a-boil, I dumped the veggies in and made chicken-noodle-and-fresh-veggie soup. It was fantastic! Gorgeous and colourful and also very tasty. The best thing is, you get the same calories and fat and etc. as if you just had the can of soup, which I was going to do anyway. But then it's all choc full of nutrition and fibre and vitamins, and it hardly took any effort to make, just the chopping was the only bit.

So I highly recommend that to any of you out there who are getting this cold that's going around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home