9/01/2007

Dream #8

Today I went to Gleebooks, which I should not even go to because I'm such a junky. Even when I've been at my most broke, I've always bought books. If I walk into a book shop, even if I don't intend to buy anything, I come out with one book, and if I do intend to buy something I usually come out with three books at least.

Today was perhaps a new record - they had a "buy two, get one free" special on all Haruki Murakami books, and I got six.

But that wasn't all. I also picked up two books in the philosophy section, about which more in the next post.

I took my eight new books to a coffee shop and started reading one of the Murakami ones, and thought about the completely free Saturday night and Sunday day stretching out in front of me, and I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have time to read all the books that I pick up in my book binges. Wouldn't it be nice to be a person who reads and reads and reads? So maybe I will turn off the TV one week, and spend my evenings with my nose in lots of books. Or something - I don't have to sort out how it would happen until Monday when I stop dreaming and become practical again. But wouldn't it be nice, to just read and read and read?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home