9/07/2006

Oh, I forgot...

Oh, I forgot, the idea that started my intention to write the last post is, it's raining so hard that I'm sure that it's raining in our old house. The skylight was really badly constructed and if you had a period in which a few leaves fell, the guy hadn't been to clean the gutters for a while, and you had a lot of rain in a short time, it would just cascade in, buckets and buckets of rain. It got so any hard rain would make me anxious, even when I wasn't home, and the worst was in the middle of the night, you'd hear the telltale crashing of the wall of water on the tile floors and would have to get every pot and pan out to catch as much as you can, and get every single towel sopping wet to mop up the rest. I thought that thought, and then thought, I should write to S tell him, and then I didn't because I've been very good about no contact, and so I think it's a great sign that by the time I actually opened my post composition window I had forgotten all about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Rain indeed. Tonight it rained for Medley's journey. He, too, just quit. What is going to become of the Pole? No managers left! And I had to cry and blog, of course. Fucking Shaman. What do they know? Sometimes we do really have to admit that what seemed true is untrue now, huh? I'm so proud of you for forgetting. I hope to someday forget, myself. I love you so much.

B

Fri Sept 08, 11:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home