1/27/2007

Word serendipity

You know that thing where you see a new word, or maybe just an unusual word, and then for the next few days suddenly it appears everywhere?

"Inadvertently".

I put it in a cheeky email one day last week, not the kind of word I'd use with people who don't know me but it fit in the context I was writing. My spell-checker didn't know it, and I asked the boss who was walking by whether it was "vertent" or "vertant". (He made a joke that that's what we should call our next server.)

Then for the next few days I saw it everywhere - in other emails, in the newspaper, I think even on tv.

But I haven't discerned any higher meaning or deeper message or this word's appearance in my life. I guess I just started the chain inadvertently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home