4/09/2007

Ed Kuepper on YouTube

YouTube has everything. Friday night I was watching the first part of the 20th anniversary of Rage on the ABC (1987-1991 so actually commemorating the time I spent in San Diego before I even moved here), and I was thinking back to when I very first watched Rage (1992, when I got to Brisbane), and then I thought of a video I saw only one time ever, a song by Ed Kuepper who if you don't know was once the guitar player of the most important band in the world, The Saints, who wrote the song (I'm) Stranded which was the first ever punk song in the world, if you don't count 1969 by Iggy Pop and the Stooges 7 years earlier. Anyway, the video I was thinking of was for a much later solo Ed Kuepper song called "The Way I Made You Feel". I remembered it had a slow pan of modest Brisbane suburban houses, and it created a very moody and emotional atmosphere.

And I searched for it on YouTube and found it! It's still a great song, it's still moody, but a bit less emotional - now that I've been in the country for so long I don't pine for nondescript suburbs and something sentimental and newly mine, they are now places I'd rather not go back to, actually. And there's much less footage of the houses than I remembered. But it's still worth a look:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home