8/19/2007

why bored?

Based on the previous drunken blog, I received a comment by email from a loved one: "Why are you bored? From the outside your life seems really full and busy." And it's not the first time I've heard this. So why am I bored?

Had a bit of a think about it this morning, but it may require a trip to Ettalong to truly sort out. But first hypothesis is, yeah, I do lots of things, but I don't have a project, I'm not doing anything creative. It's all passive, entertainment-based, or so it seems at the moment. And more than that - I miss having a creative project and someone to care about it.

Which is probably why I love school so much - you have to do assignments all the time, and someone does care about it - the teacher has to assess you, has to read or observe whatever you've done.

Then I thought, maybe I miss having a creative collaboration with somebody.

That's probably more true - is exactly what I craved from the Lying Liar, and it's also what my relationship was with S, a constant creative collaboration because we bounced off each other so much. I probably should have written down more stuff because we were just epically funny, riffing off each other, all the time. It's also a metaphor for having a baby together, the ultimate creative collaboration.

But, but, but - if you need a creative project, you can just start one, and if you really need someone to assess it you can just enrol in another (another!) degree, but if you want a creative collaboration, well, that, that you have to just wait and see if fate happens to throw a willing collaborator in your way.

Rats. So I'm probably doomed to be bored for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home