7/31/2007

progress

You know the reconciliation dreams? I made some progress last night. We were in a house and he was ignoring me, deeply ignoring me, it was like we were already broken up but still living under the same roof. He was away somewhere and I was in the bedroom, putting laundry in the laundry basket, and thinking hard about what I was going to say to him when I broke up with him. "You and I both know it's not working..." Would that be a way to start? "I need to tell you something..." Would that be better? I sat down on the edge of the bed, and felt just awful at this thing that I had to do. I was mulling it over and over in my head, rehearsing, and feeling bad.

And that's why I haven't done it before in my dreams, I think, because leaving him is hard. But I'm working up to it. Isn't that progress?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home